Table of Contents
Who We Are?
Era of Skills provides all online courses available on our site for a lifetime with a membership for Rs. 1000/-. Our mission is to make learning and gaining skills easier which we will InshaAllah gain through this website. Aqib Hussain and Hafiz Jawad Mansoor are the owners of Era of Skills. We are currently available only in Pakistan,
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect it?
Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
In order to use certain features (like purchasing membership), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your name, email address, password, phone number, city/state, and account settings and assign you a unique username.
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, biography, nickname, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; membership purchases; subscriptions; course certificates; your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and town/city) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, Era of Skils does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your Era of Skills Account. If you login to Era of Skills via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, referrer, and other data regarding your use of the Services.
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
Why We Collect?
We collect your personal data in order to provide you with the best experience, avoid spam and deliver you our services. The data we collect is required for the functioning of your account.
How We Get Data About You?
Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Why We Use Data Collection Tools?
Era of Skills uses the following types of Data Collection Tools for the purposes described:
What We Use Your Data For?
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate course participation, issue course completion certificates, display customized content, and facilitate communication with other users
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors, students, and teaching assistants; notifications about changes to our Service; and updates to our agreements
- Sending you information, such as by email or text messages, about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt-out of at any time)
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app)
- Manage your account and account preferences
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Get feedback from the users
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Era of Skills
- Tailor advertisements across devices
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers
- Identify unique users across devices
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications
- As required or permitted by law or as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
Who We Share Your Data With?
Era of Skills takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Era of Skills, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact our Support Team with any concerns.
Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. To learn more about managing cookies, visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/how-to-manage-cookies. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, To opt-out of Google’s display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- To opt-out of allowing Google Analytics to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Android OS provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings on that platform.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at [email protected]
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Era of Skills collects and maintains as follows: